24 October 2010

Five Minas (talents)

Matthew 25:14-30 is one of my favorite Bible passages. Jesus tells a parable about a man who entrusted his servants with minas (talents) before going on a journey, "each according to their ability". When the man returned, he asked the servants to describe what they had done with what he had given them. The first was given five talents, and gained five more. The second was given two talents, and gained two more. The man's response to both of them was "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things! Come and share your master's happiness!" The third was given one talent, and hid it in the ground, so only had the one talent to return to his master. Needless to say, he didn't get the same response from the man. 


I know God has entrusted me with talents. Somedays, I forget what they are. Somedays, I forget that they aren't really mine, and are just on loan. Most days, I'm not sure exactly why I was trusted with them, or what to do with them. My hope is that this blog is a place to hold me accountable, so that I'm not burying them in the sand, like the third servant. My desire is to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

1 comment:

  1. I love this, sister. I really like this first post and I really like how you're documenting your food journey. Also, I like that we're watching a cake-decorating show while I'm reading your decorative baking blog. Oh, and, also, I like you!!

    ReplyDelete