15 November 2010

Nutella cookies

One of my favorite things in the world is peanut butter cookies. A good peanut butter cookie is a wonderful thing. Paula Deen makes one of the best, easiest peanut butter cookies. I change her recipe a bit: I put 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and I add about a 1/2 tsp of vanilla. (Really, I just pour a bit of vanilla in. But if you measured it, I think it'd be about 1/2 tsp.)


Some people love Nutella the way that I love peanut butter cookies. I don't feel that way about Nutella. Really, I could take it or leave it. But I had some left over from another baking adventure, and I thought I could improve on Nutella by combining it with my peanut butter cookie recipe.


They turned out pretty good. They tasted a little bit like hazelnut brownie cookies. Which I don't hate. 
Nutella cookies in the oven.


Nutella Brownie Cookies
(adapted from Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Cookies)


1 large egg
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup flour (the Nutella is more liquid-y than peanut butter, so I had to add flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. 


Mix all ingredients until dough forms. Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from sheet and allow to cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment