05 March 2011

A Shiny New Australia


For Erin and Greg's joint "Rock Band" birthday party, I made Coconut Cream cupcakes, with "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog" cupcake toppers. It was my first try at royal icing "runouts". I like the idea of them, but I definitely need more practice.

A ton of people RSVPed for the birthday party, so I doubled the cupcake recipe. For some reason, I decided that meant that I needed to double the frosting recipe. I nearly overflowed the mixer with cream cheese coconut frosting. Once it was in a piping bag, it looked like this:

To clearly illustrate the size, I put a regulation size cupcake next to it:

So. Much. Frosting. I feel bad throwing away what's left. I may end up putting in my coffee in the morning, and on toast, and as salad dressing, just to get rid of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment